Advancement and Recognition
Advancement in the Boy Scouts of America emphasizes the growth a young person experiences as a result of participation in unit programs. Advancement is more than just the process by which youth progress from rank to rank in the Scouting program. Everything done to advance and earn these ranks, from joining until leaving the program, should be designed to help the young person have an exciting and meaningful experience.
A quality Scouting program strives for the following:
- Every young person achieves personal growth.
- Every one learns by doing.
- Youth members progress at their own rate.
- All young people receive recognition for their individual accomplishments.
- Advancement encourages Scouting ideals.