The Commissioner Concept
The commissioner is the liaison between the local council and Scouting units. The commissioner is successful when units effectively deliver the ideals of Scouting to their members. Specifically, a commissioner:
- Builds relationships as a "friend to the unit", getting to know the people and character of the leadership team.
- Provides advice and connections to other units, District, Council and national resources.
- Informs with up-to-date news from the District, Council and National organization.
- Ensures all leaders are trained.
- Offers friendly and timely advice when challenges arise.
- Is a resource for you!
Commissioner Leadership Team
Commissioners can help with districts.